In this tutorial, we are going to have a look at a step by step guide on how to install XperiFirm on Mac and use it to download Sony Xperia Firmware for any Sony device like Smartphone, Tablet, or accessory etc.
To use XperiFirm tool on Mac, we need to install Mono. Follow the below instructions to download Mono on your Mac.
How to Install XperiFirm on Mac
1. Download Mono for Mac stable channel from here.
2. Open the downloaded Mono
.pkg file to begin the installation process.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
4. Now, download XperiFirm latest version from here and extract the zip package.
5. Launch Terminal and navigate to the directory where you have extracted the XperiFirm Tool.
6. Enter the below command and hit enter.
$ mono --arch=32 XperiFirm.exe
7. On XperiFirm Downloader, select your device and model to download the firmware.
That’s it! Now you can use XperiFirm Tool on your Mac.
If you have any questions ask them in the comment section below.
I installed the Mono, and extracted XperiFirm.exe, but the terminal told me:
“-bash: $: command not found”
Make sure you have changed the directory in the Terminal to the one where you have extracted the
I have doubts from point 5 onwards.
How do I navigate to the directory with Terminal?
After entering the indicated command, nothing happens.
Navigate to the directory here means change the directory in terminal using
after requesting mono –arch=32 XperiFirm.exein proper directory, nothing happens…. quite not sure.
Mac OS does not support 32bit anymore. try arch=64
After downloading the firmware, I see this message: “an error occurred while unpacking”…