In this tutorial, we are going to have a look at a step by step guide on how to install XperiFirm on Mac and use it to download Sony Xperia Firmware for any Sony device like Smartphone, Tablet, or accessory etc.
To use XperiFirm tool on Mac, we need to install Mono. Follow the below instructions to download Mono on your Mac.
How to Install XperiFirm on Mac
1. Download Mono for Mac stable channel from here.
2. Open the downloaded Mono
.pkg file to begin the installation process.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
4. Now, download XperiFirm latest version from here and extract the zip package.
5. Launch Terminal and navigate to the directory where you have extracted the XperiFirm Tool.
6. Enter the below command and hit enter.
$ mono --arch=32 XperiFirm.exe
7. On XperiFirm Downloader, select your device and model to download the firmware.
That’s it! Now you can use XperiFirm Tool on your Mac.
If you have any questions ask them in the comment section below.