In this tutorial, we are going to have a look at a step by step guide on how to install XperiFirm on Linux System and use it to download Sony Xperia Firmware for any Sony device like Smartphone, Tablet, or accessory etc.
To use XperiFirm tool on Linux Computer, we need to install Mono. Follow the below instructions to download Mono on your Linux system.
How to Install XperiFirm on Linux Computer
1. Open Terminal on your Linux Computer.
2. Enter below commands, and after each command hit enter.
$ sudo apt-get install mono-complete
$ sudo cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
$ sudo certmgr -ssl -m https://software.sonymobile.com
(Enter Y when asked, you should be asked to do so twice)
3. Download the latest version of XperiFirm Tool from here and extract it on Desktop or inside any folder.
4. In Terminal navigate to Desktop or to the folder where you have extracted the files using
5. Finally, enter the below command to launch XperiFirm tool.
$ mono XperiFirm.exe
6. On XperiFirm Downloader, select your device and model to download the firmware.
That’s it! Now you can use XperiFirm Tool on your Linux Computer.
If you have any questions ask them in the comment section below.